Responsible for operating various types of production equipment, perform various assembly operations and/or packing tasks to support production. The department is structured as a formal team and requires the ability to work within the team.
Camaco's normal operating schedule is Monday - Thursday with select Fridays due to customer demand. Weekends are possible but very rare in occurrence.
Night-shift production hours are 4:30pm - 4:00am.
*Second Shift employees receive an additional $0.50 shift differential*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate various production equipment.
- Performs various assembly operations and/or packing duties to achieve production requirements.
- Perform various visual and/or manual activities to inspect or verify the accuracy of a part.
- Record all production data needed for inventory control purposes including good parts, scrap parts, and any other data necessary.
- Perform basic housekeeping to keep area clean and safe.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to follow established procedures
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of AITF16949 quality standards
- Manual dexterity sufficient to assembly, pack, and/or grip and operate equipment
- Communication skills to communicate and interact with all levels of employees
- Computer literacy skills include the ability to perform basic data entry and to operate visual ‘touch screen’ display panels.
- Math skills sufficient to perform department related tasks are required.
- Ability to work effectively with people
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a manufacturing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The job requires very frequent visual effort and concentration, and the ability to move throughout the plant. The employee must lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The work requires regular standing, walking, bending, lifting and a variety of physical activities.