The Production Supervisor (Day Shift) is responsible for leading a group of production employees in support of the production activities of the organization under demands of production quotas and deadlines. The department is structured as a formal team and requires the ability to work within the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages a group of employees, oversee work activities and engage in various forms of communication and judgment.
- Ensure effective employee relations.
- Provides employee coaching and development.
- Schedule work, assist with employee selection, review employee performance and administer work rules.
- Responsible for productivity and quality management within the jobs span of control.
- Knowledge of AITF16969 quality standards
- Recommends equipment upgrades, staffing adjustments, and process modifications.
- Evaluates each station of the manufacturing process to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Maintain open lines of communication between employees and management.
- Ensures all resources and assets are used efficiently and correctly.
- Maintains adherence to established company policies and guidelines.
- Ability to model company appropriate behaviors and to set proper examples for subordinates.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for all workers.
- Compiles and analyzes production records.
- Create and oversee an employee training schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- 4 plus years of experience in automotive manufacturing.
- Performance Management
- Technical Capacity
- Leadership & Coaching
- Teamwork Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Knowledge of AITF16949 Quality Standards
- Computer Proficiency
- Time Management
- Results Driven
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel including customers & suppliers
- Knowledge of related safety requirements
This position manages all hourly employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management within that department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting and on the plant floor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.